All Monterey County Schools are closed for in person learning, and currently participating in distance learning. Our district office is open for limited hours and services, however we are handling all registrations electronically at this time. 

In January we will begin the interdistrict renewal process for our current students. An email will be going out at the beginning of the year with the details. If you have any questions, please reach out to our registrar Jennifer Pollock at [email protected]

The enrollment and registration process differs based on where you live. If you live within our district boundaries, please follow the steps in the “In-District Enrollment” section. If you do not live within our boundaries, please see the “Interdistrict Enrollment” section.

In-District Enrollment

To enroll your student, you will need to contact our registrar Jennifer Pollock at 831-455-2550 ext 317 or via email at [email protected] to set up a registration appointment. For kindergarten registration a child must be five (5) years of age on or before September 1 of the upcoming school year. For transitional kindergarten a child must be five (5) years of age between September 2 and December 2 of the upcoming school year.

Please bring with you to your appointment the completed Registration Data Form along with the documents listed below. You will then be provided with our registration packet.

  • Parent/Guardian identification
  • Two (2) proofs of residency
  • Student’s birth certificate
  • Immunization record

Documents that can be used to establish residency include:

  • Property tax payment receipts
  • Rental property contract, lease, or payment receipt
  • Utility service (e.g. PG&E) contract, statement, or payment receipt
  • Pay stub
  • Voter registration
  • Correspondence from government agency
  • Declaration of residency executed by the student’s parent/guardian
  • If the student is an unaccompanied youth as defined in 42 USC 11434a, a declaration of residency executed by the student
  • If the student is residing in the home of a caregiving adult within the District boundaries, an affidavit
    executed by the caregiving adult in accordance with Family Code 6552

Paper Round-Up

We hold our annual “Paper Round-Up” each year in early August, just before the start of the school year. In exchange for returning the mandatory paperwork (available under “forms” below), you will receive your student’s homeroom placement for the upcoming year.  Also, you will be able to pay for food service/transportation, learn about our parent groups (Spreckels Union Educational Foundation, Bobcat Club, and Spreckels PTO), and purchase school-spirit merchandise. We look forward to seeing you there.

The following forms are required and need to be completed each school year:

The following forms are not required and should only be completed as applicable:

Interdistrict Enrollment

If you do not live within our district boundaries, you must contact your district of residency to initiate the transfer process.

  1. Contact your district of residency and apply for an interdistrict transfer. Only your home district can “release” your student to attend school in another district. Each district operates on a different time frame. Please contact your home district for full details.
  2. Bring us a copy of the application once it has been filed with your home district. Your student will not be placed on our waiting list until this has been received.
  3. Once released by your home district, please make an appointment or stop by our district office to obtain the following paperwork and ask any questions you may have:
    • Request for Interdistrict Transfer
    • Letter of Condition
    • Employment and/or Child Care form as appropriate.
  4. If your application is approved, you can begin the “in-district enrollment” procedure detailed above. Approvals are usually granted between March and May. The specific time frame will vary year to year depending on enrollment numbers and class configurations.

Relevant Policies

Please contact Eric Tarallo if you have any questions regarding the interdistrict transfer process.

831-455-2550 x316
[email protected]